Sometimes, an unexpected occurrence makes it difficult to work in-office. Don’t let it stop your productivity or impact your career! Instead, save your vacation time and use your remote work to your advantage. Let’s create a virtual plan that will allow you to continue your work, wherever you are, whenever you need it.
An Effective Work-From-Anywhere Plan
Keep Your eLearning Pantry StockedIt’s the same reasons schools have emergency exit plans, boats have life vests, and storm cellars have supplies - although it sounds dramatic, you need to create a similar preparation plan, in case you cannot work in-office. If you provide training in your organization, cover your bases and stock your eLearning pantry with plenty of resources. Ensure you have enough courses within your training system to keep your learners productive. These could include:
Check System AccessMake sure all learners know which versions and devices work best with your personal online training system - depending on the provider you use, this answer will change! By knowing your own system, you can prevent technical issues before they arise. Similarly, make sure you use internal marketing to alert all employees about the training, as well as remind them to use their correct accounts, logins, and passwords.
Make The Most of Your LMS DataLooking to get the most from your Learning Management System? This FREE eBook delves into the identification, tracking, and implementation of online training data. Learn how to leverage LMS analytics to make the most of your eLearning!
Set GoalsTo keep everyone honest while working virtually, it’s helpful to define clear and SMART goals. Within a training program, this includes:
- Deadlines: These can be set up in your LMS by an Administrator, and will make certain that learners know what is expected when. With this time management tool, you’ll be able to clearly define duties and stay on top of your work.
- Tracking Usage: Keep track of all learners, regardless of when and where they work with up-to-date analytics and data.
- Training Accolades & End Points: Even long distance, Admins can reward good behavior and Learners can show off their accomplishments. Certificates and badges are highly valuable in this aspect - not only is it a validation of work well done, it’s also an achievement given to learners who have completed their tasks. Utilizing these features encourages indirect communication within an LMS and gives a virtual pat on the back.
Communicate With CoworkersOnce you decide to work remotely, it is imperative you communicate with others you work with. This could include:
- A home phone or mobile phone number
- Which email address you check most often
- What your new working hours will be, or when you’ll be offline
Learn how you put education at the center of your organization with these great articles and resources.