The dental industry, a vital component of the broader healthcare sector, plays a crucial role in ensuring global oral health. With the global dental market projected to reach $65.23 billion by 2030, its significance cannot be understated (Fortune Business Insights).
However, like all industries, dental offices face a unique set of challenges, and sometimes it feels like, well... pulling teeth.
In this article, we'll go over the top three pain points facing the industry, as well as how a quality online training program can help alleviate these problems.
Pain Point #1: New Dental Technologies and Techniques
One of the primary challenges in the dental industry is the constant evolution of dental technologies and techniques. With new times comes new tech, and the learning curve associated with training and implementing new dental medical devices can be steep and costly, requiring extra time for the dental team.
To address the rapid technological advancements, continuous training needs to be an organizational priority. However, we know it takes time and expertise to create these types of dental hygienist online courses - that's why Knowledge Anywhere offers specific medical device dentistry courses including x-rays and radiographs. With over 25 years of experience in the medical device industry, we're confident we can keep your dental training program up-to-date and competitive, ensuring you provide the best care to your patients.
Pain Point #2: Strict Industry Regulations
Another significant challenge is the stringent regulatory environment. Dental practices must adhere to various regulations, ensuring patient safety and quality of care. This can also differ by country or state by state and sometimes change annually, making it difficult to stay on top of the latest necessary compliance measures.
Find a training expert with oral and dentistry industry knowledge that can help your organization manage, track, and optimize your dental training and ensure regulatory compliance.
Through our partnership with Open Sesame and Linkedin Learning, customers using Knowledge Anywhere's training platform can have access to over 50,000 off-the-shelf courses, including specific compliance dentist training and dental hygienist training.
Here are just a few examples of courses we have direct access to:
- OSHA Training for Dental Facilities and Dental Healthcare Providers
- HIPPA Training for Dental Healthcare Providers
- Infection Control Training for Dental Healthcare Providers
- Violence in the Workplace for Dental Healthcare Employees
- Dental Healthcare Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA) Training
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace for Dental Healthcare Providers
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace for Dental Healthcare Providers
If you need something more specific, reach out to us! We also create customized courses, so you'll be sure to have exactly what you need. We will help you navigate this complex landscape and ensure your practice avoids costly violations and maintains your reputation.
Pain Point #3: Turnover and Employee Retention
The dental industry also faces challenges in retaining skilled professionals. With the rise of corporate dentistry, individual practices often struggle to attract and retain top talent.
Here are a few industry statistics from DentalPost that prove this dire problem in the industry:
- 29% of Associate/Employee Dentists plan to apply for a new job within one year.
- 4.5% of Associate/Employee Dentists plan to retire in the next two years. Nearly 88% of them are 55+ years of age.
- 14% of dental hygienists plan to apply for a new job within one year.
- 8.5% of dental hygienists plan to retire in the next two years. Nearly 85% of them are 55+ years of age.
- 27.5% of dental assistants plan to apply for a new job within one year.
- 4% of dental assistants plan to retire in the next two years. Nearly 60% of them are 55+ years of age.
- 15% of Dental Practice Managers/Administrators plan to apply for a new job within one year.
- 4.25% of Dental Practice Managers/Administrators plan to retire in the next two years. Nearly 69% of them are 55+ years of age.
Investing in training can be a game-changer for retention. Knowledge Anywhere's courses on dental hygienist training not only enhance skills but shows employees that the practice values their growth.
Where to Find Dental Training Resources
Knowledge Anywhere, in collaboration with industry leaders, offers a plethora of courses tailored for the dental industry. Dive into our Learning Management Platform, off-the-shelf Course Library, and Custom Course Development today, so you can easily manage, track, and optimize your dental training program today!
Learn how you put education at the center of your organization with these great articles and resources.